To celebrate the release of my first book, I’m posting a new “Behind the Scenes” exclusive about The Next Together daily until September 3rd. You can find them all here, including Chapter One from Matt’s Point of View, a Harry Potter crossover, A scene from start to finish and the book as different genres.
Today I’m sharing the playlist for The Next Together with you. I listened to this over 100 times when I wrote the book, and I can’t hear one of these songs without getting all tearful about it!
You can listen here on Spotify.
- shine/anna nalick
- love story/taylor swift
- tired of waiting for you/the kinks
- dear river/kina grannis
- rattlin’ bones/kasey chambers
- back to where i was/eric hutchinson
- radioactive/imagine dragons
- young volcanoes/fall out boy
- when the war came/the decemberists
- to the dog or whoever/josh ritter
- la meme historie/feist
- centuries/fall out boy
- man o’ war/eric bachmann
- maybe/ingrid michaelson
- brand new day/joshua radin
- first day of my life/bright eyes
“But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all? If you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you’ve been here before?”
If you want to know more about Kate and Matt, you can read the first chapter of The Next Together here, and buy the book in the following places:
A rebloggable version of this post can be found here.